Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib and the VRS, SEE and other server concepts

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]pnetlib and the VRS, SEE and other server concepts
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:37:42 +1000

> Might I suggest $prefix/lib/assembly or $prefix/share/assembly

Just as a quick follow-up, I'm suggesting that assemblies
be pushed out of $prefix/lib and down one level because
I don't like the idea of mixing the OS libraries and the CLI
assemblies together in the same directory.

It also makes it easier to tell a user how to clean up their
system: "blow away /usr/local/lib/assembly and re-install".
If the assemblies are scattered around, this is harder.
Saying "rm /usr/local/lib/*.dll" would be dangerous on a
cygwin system, for example, as it will also nuke normal
application libraries.

Personal preference.  I can live with it the other way if
there is strenuous objection to the extra level.