Re: [DotGNU]Introduction

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Introduction
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 04:29:59 -0800 (PST)

--- Erik Rozendaal <address@hidden> wrote:

>  - The SEE or the VRS.  However, it is not clear to
> me yet if these
>    are defined solidly enough to start programming
> on.

Speaking for the VRS, it is still in design phase.
The final C implementation is probably some time off
yet.  We do plan on an interm prototype in perl, which
is probably not too far off for the first passes at
it. The middleware infrastructure, Goldwater, does
have running code.

Just out of curiosity, why do so many programmers so
often depreciate and disparage the specification and
design work that has to preceed any non-trivial
programing project.  I know it's fun to program, but
isn't it more fun if it's the correct program for the
job at hand?