Re: [DotGNU]"Open source" is not what we do here

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]"Open source" is not what we do here
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:18:57 -0700 (MST)

      However, given
    Linus' current statements, someone would be hard pressed to claim that he
    is a member of the Free Software community or of the Free Software
    movement.

The community of people who use GNU/Linux and other free software was
built by the efforts of the Free Software Movement, so we're entitled
to call it the free software community.  Like any community, ours
includes people who disagree on political questions.  It includes
people who support the Free Software Movement, people who support the
Open Source Movement, and others with different views.

Linus is clearly not a supporter of the Free Software Movement, but he
is part of the free software community.