RE: [DotGNU]Shared source CLI beta released

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]Shared source CLI beta released
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:51:15 +0000 (UTC)

If the GNU GPL is considered viral by Microsoft, then in response they
have invented contagious cancer in license format.  I read this license
very similarly to what Rhys has said here.  That by not giving you a
license, they are providing grounds to sue anyone who sees the code and
then produces their own product -- claiming that they have stolen their
copyright.

Even if this one allowed for us to use the products, this license should
be avoided simply because of the potential problems it could cause down
the road.

        -Barry