Re: [DotGNU]C# libraries

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]C# libraries
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:47:08 +1000

Daniel Carrera wrote:

> I'm making progress in learning C#.  Before I try to write I library, it
> would be good to know:
>
> - Which libraries will dotGNU use from Mono?
> - Which libraries does dotGNU need written for it.

It is impossible to fully predict our future needs.  As a
start, the "mscorlib" (runtime) and "System" assemblies
will need to be written for DotGNU.  Also, anything that
needs to talk to SEE, DotGNU authentication, etc, will
need to be done by us.

Other libraries will be on a case-by-case basis.  If
there is a compelling reason to do our own, then we will.
Otherwise we might as well save ourselves the trouble
and use Mono's.  As long as their license remains
compatible, of course.