Re: [DotGNU]Why DotGNU should use Jabber (I'm finally back :-)

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Why DotGNU should use Jabber (I'm finally back :-)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 12:51:17 +0530

If memory serves me right, Adam Theo wrote:
> I'm making one of the first things I do is convince all of you here at
> this massive project to use Jabber for DotGNU's XML routing and maybe
> even as the preferred transport over the crude and limited HTTP.

        Is someone developing Jabber.NET ?. I saw a link on the jabber
page. http://Jabber-net.sf.net .

> Also, if DotGNU is really committed to Jabber, I believe I could get
> someone from it into some position at the new Jabber Software
> Foundation, to make sure Jabber goes in a satisfactory direction for all
> of you.

        Since we aim to be replacing MS.NET , we can add new features which
will favor the adoption of DotGNU on all platforms. Also this will cause
more developers to favor DotGNU over the MS.NET framework.

        The point of using Jabber is to allow routing of RPC calls , which is
missing in HTTP. Also it solves a lot of the potential problems with HTTP
like presence , push services etc....

        I don't think DotGNU can ignore such a good idea and go on to fight
MS influence in a production environment. IMHO, DotGNU should adopt such
an industry standard (I just wish it had become an RFC), if the license
permits .

Gopal.V

PS: I meet Julian (as x-virge) on the DotGNU meet-a-thon, he mentioned
    a few good points and IIRC about IQ packets ,routing and the discuss
    about async IQ packets.... ,
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success