Re: [DotGNU]Introspector Update

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Introspector Update
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 09:32:19 -0800 (PST)

Gopal,

The global is huge because is contains all the
declarations for everything that was included is
xmlised. The globals are much bigger than the
functions, but the xml is not small!

Unfortunally the global also contains a copy of the
gcc globals, and it is really overweight.

The functions are much smaller, give them a try.

#########################
FOLLOWING IS processfunc.pl
#########################
#! perl
use gcc_introspector;
gcc_introspector::process_func_stream;
#############################
END OF processfunc.pl
#############################
> I had to comment out a few lines of SAXParser to

make it
> run.
Was there a problem with the xml?

> But I was shocked at the size of the XML output.

It
is big.

> Python's XML
> parser took 3 full minutes to parse out ECMA
All.xml
> (DOM).
What did you parse into that?

> We really need something other thing other than a
python script :(
Like a postgres database?

mike

=====