Re: [DotGNU](slashdot) Microsoft dumps hailstorm ?

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU](slashdot) Microsoft dumps hailstorm ?
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 22:25:28 +0200

Barry Fitzgerald <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Matthew C. Tedder wrote:
>
> > How can Passport die?  It virtually forces everyone who buys one of
> > the newer Microsoft products to sign up.  If no one else uses it then
> > it will still be there and Microsoft's products alone would have a
> > single sign-on.  With this, they will outcompete opponants and
> > thus force others to adopt it also.  The perceived implications of press
> > releases mean nothing in the face of brazen facts to the contrary.
>
> Perhaps, that's why I'm going for independant confirmation.

http://weblog.digital-identity.info/archives/000069.html sounds
genuine enough to me.

"Passport" isn't going to get dropped anytime soon, even if
Microsoft may be forced to make it less evil in the process of
the battle, in which their main strategic objective is to gain
some kind of de facto control of authentication and virtual
identities on the internet.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A founder of the http://DotGNU.org project and Steering Committee member