Re: [DotGNU]To What Degree Jabber?

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]To What Degree Jabber?
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:34:06 +0100

On Thursday 11 April 2002 16:50, Norbert Bollow wrote:

> If we adopt it at all (and yes, I'm all in favor of that:), then
> I think that we should use it for everything where it makes
> sense to use it.  In particular, it should then be the default
> for all communication between DotGNU components on different
> machines.

Exactly why I want to adopt Jabber into the VRS project.
However I've always assumed that webservice 'servers' would
always expect SOAP (over whatever transport - Jabber being
one of them).

Now I think about it, that's guff isn't it?

> At the same time, DotGNU servers and applications should also
> make all their functionality available through XML-RPC and/or
> SOAP.

I agree.  Incidentally the VRS will have SOAP support first
because I'll directly feed back some work I'm doing for a client
of mine at the moment - Unless a Jabber nut comes along and
builds the Transport module for me :o)

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Limited.