[DotGNU]To What Degree Jabber?

From: Peter Saint-Andre
Subject: [DotGNU]To What Degree Jabber?
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:10:00 -0500 (CDT)

> Brandon Bremen <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think that DotGNU should officially endorse these three
> protocols as its standard webservices+middleware protocols:
>
> XMLRPC, SOAP, jabber:middleware

Just to be fully clear, there is no protocol with the precise name
"jabber:middleware". The existing root XML namespaces used in Jabber are
jabber:client, jabber:server, and jabber:component. I have documented
these in an Internet-Draft submitted to the IETF and available at the
following URL:

http://www.jabber.org/ietf/draft-miller-jabber-00.html

BTW, you may want to know that I have just added a link to the GPL from
the website for the jabberd server so that those who download it can know
that it is free software (URL: http://jabberd.jabberstudio.org/).

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre