Re: [DotGNU]Help with Jabber

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Help with Jabber
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 12:36:15 +0530

If memory serves me right, Charlie Carnow wrote:
> Jabber sounds like an IM system. With one of Microsoft's programmers
> suggesting HTML isn't enough for RPC (I forget the programmer's name,

I think you meant HTTP -- anyway we all got the idea :)

> and where this was suggested, I think at a XML conference) and
> Microsoft's hint at a peer-to-peer part of .NET it would be
> great if we could just pop up and say: "We've had a perfect protocol for
> RPC, for a long time it's called [whatever we want Jabber to be called in
> it's XML routing form] and DotGNU uses it in our Peer-to-Peer framework

IMHO that's quite a few months away from now ?. I think the issue here
is to develop/modify Jabber and Our clients to use the protocol efficently.
After all we still have to write the clients :( . After that we will
see how we call these beasts..........

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success