Re: [DotGNU]IBM, Microsoft plot Net takeover

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]IBM, Microsoft plot Net takeover
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:02:54 +0100

On Sunday 14 April 2002 18:04, Bill Lance wrote:

> Humm.  Does anyone here have a real life tested
> example of a patent actually being invalideated by
> prior art?

Bare in mind that the US patent office is increadibly stupid and seems to
issue patents by default if it can't understand something.....
Look at Amazons '1 Click' patent.  There is tonnes of prior-art for this, but
was never patented because the proceedure is elementary text-book stuff.

They even allowed a patent for a Y2K solution through.....
( which basically says 'given DDMMYY, if YY < 40 then CC=20 else CC=19 )
and this IS textbook stuff....

The 1-Click saga is still ongoing I beleive....

"Arther Dent. Do not be afraid.  Be very, very frightened."
--Douglas Adams

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Limited.