Re: [DotGNU]Forum Update 17-apr-2001

From: Silvernerd
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Forum Update 17-apr-2001
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 09:03:05 +0200

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

> Also, the idea is a blacklist is a good one - also, you could have a
> whitelist (approved plugins) that give no warnings and a grey list that
> are plugins that are not even reviewed.  This I think is firmly within
> your grasp. :)

Maybe we could do this for webservices too, a whitelist for webservices
known to be using open protocols and systems and a blacklist for
webservices that use closed protocols and systems. These lists would
then make up a DotGNU webservice directory. We could also split the
lists into different sections. For example a Free Software section and
an Open Source section on the whitelist. Thus increasing user
consciousness for the differences between Free Software and Open Source.

Maybe a logo for webservices on the whitelist will also be a good idea.

--
Silvernerd (Peter Minten)

"Using GNU/Linux is like walking over a ray of bricks, not as beautiful,
but a lot more substantial than light."