Re: [DotGNU]Compiling treecc from anon CVS

From: Alexandros Karypidis
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Compiling treecc from anon CVS
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 12:43:40 +0300

Rhys Weatherley wrote:

Alexandros Karypidis wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have checked out treecc, pnet & pnetlib using anonymous CVS and am
trying to compile treecc (for starters).

I am using autoconf 2.52 and automake 1.5 on a SuSE 8.0 x86 system.

It's an automake 1.4 vs 1.5 issue.  Change the "automake -a"
line in "auto_gen.sh" to the following:

automake --add-missing --copy --ignore-deps

That should help.  Let me know if it works, and I'll
update the CVS accordingly.

With your directions and an extra twist I succeeded in compiling with automake 1.5. The command line you suggested give much fewer warnings and produces a "usable" Makefile. For some reason however, automake can't figure out what the OBJEXT variable's value should be and therefore doesn't set it in the Makefile. So I had to edit it by hand and add the line:

OBJEXT = o

in Makefile, tests/Makefile, example/Makefile

Perhaps you know of a way to do this automatically? Here's the warnings from automake using the new parameters (they seem to be irrelevant to the OBJEXT problem though):

address@hidden:~/Code/dotGNU/treecc> ./auto_gen.sh
examples/Makefile.am:/usr/share/automake/am/lex.am: LEX_OUTPUT_ROOT multiply
defined in condition TRUE

 LEX_OUTPUT_ROOT (Automake, where = /usr/share/automake/am/lex.am) =
 {
   TRUE => @LEX_OUTPUT_ROOT@
 }
examples/Makefile.am:/usr/share/automake/am/lex.am: LEXLIB multiply defined in
condition TRUE
 LEXLIB (Automake, where = /usr/share/automake/am/lex.am) =
 {
   TRUE => @LEXLIB@
 }
configure.in:28: warning: AC_PROG_LEX invoked multiple times