Re: My Favorite soapbox : XML linkage (was Re: [DotGNU]Jabber-thon)

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: My Favorite soapbox : XML linkage (was Re: [DotGNU]Jabber-thon)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 14:34:31 -0700 (PDT)

> product.  I could, theoretically, do it with a
> wrapper.  That wrapper
> could link the function and then output it's result
> to STDIO -- and
> thus, give me access to the output of the function
> very similarly to the
> way that XML-RPC does so.  The difference here is
> that that output by
> that wrapper is not being served over a network and
> thus, the GNU GPL
> applies.

So lets say I put all the questions into a file,
run the GPled program and pick up all the answers?

The issue that I stated with the swagkit and the cppx
is just that, a file format for the asts. The
university of waterloo does not publish the source
code for those tools, and there is an entire group of
universities that are working on tools based around
the GXL file format that produces non-free software.
Some may have bits and bobs that are open source but
they feel no obligation to publish the programs that
use the gcc.

Mike

=====
James Michael DuPont