Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: Meet-a-thon
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:29:06 +0530

If memory serves me right, Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

> > We've gotta learn "How to Hype" .... from a project we're all familiar
> > with (I'll give you 3 guesses)....
> >

> Yes, but you have to be careful of the hype factor.  The more hype that
> is generated the more work it is just to manage the input from that
> hype. :)  We learned this fairly early on in the project.

Yes, but this time we're ready for the responses .... As far as
managing hype goes , I think we can really manage the input. The
developer team has become a bit more coherent around Portable.Net
and the pnet weekly meeting has ensured that we can take anything
they can dish out.... But "How to Hype" ;)

The problem is that so few people know about DotGNU , even after
the "obvious" name it has ... and its relation to .NET .. a Newsforge
post did its job during the other meet-a-thon , but this time it's
not an event .... It's a milestone !