Re: [DotGNU]About scripting: SilverScript

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]About scripting: SilverScript
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:50:33 -0700 (PDT)

> I believe it should be possible to make a Ruby
> extension library (or an
> extension to the source of the interpreter) allowing
> it to use IL code,
> the extension libs (and the interpreter) are written
> in C, pnet is
> written in C, so as far as I can see we could make
> an extension that
> connects to the pnet engine code and uses it to work
> with IL.

I would like to do the same for perl.
I have even linked the cscc to perl as a module. Do
you guys have any problems with that? Rhys?

It would be great to have an inline C# that can also
invoke the IL on the fly, all via DLL/SO functions.
That would also allow the wrapping of perl objects in
Il and creating a hard shell around them, like in
active states Perl.NEt

I hope this wont cause another GPL discussion ;)

Mike

=====
James Michael DuPont