Re: [DotGNU]Webservice Goals

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Webservice Goals
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:51:54 +0530

If memory serves me right, James Michael DuPont wrote:

> > Well the tough way !...
> The easy way. How else?
> Please tell.

Write a cs2idl generator which should be easy to obtain
by reducing csdoc ;-) ... I think using rhys's existing
work wherever possible is definitely the Easy Way .

> > 2) Implement Scripting engine support
> >     Partial success with Python
> I would like to try out your work under perl.

Well I can't stop ya ...

> The mapping of values from one system to the other?
> Thi is an iteresting problem I aggree.

This is almost the only thing halting my pnet python
module .... wrapping args and retvals correctly .

> As soon as you make a GPLEd dll, only gpl code can
> call it. the entire program becomes gpled. According
> to the  GPLe faq.

Well what's the problem ?... everyone can write GPL'd
python code and live happily ever after .

I have stopped being paranoid !!!

> I feel that my perl work get stopped because of
> licensing and you go on even if there is no difference
> between the two, only that you dont *want* certain
> modules to be linked.

The point of "want" is exactly the problem here .... DotGNU
does not want holes in the runtime , even if it is possible.

I have a set of python modules which remove the VM from public
access ...

http://symonds.net/~gopalv82/code/pnet-python.tgz

I would like rhys to comment on my code (which seems to
be the problem) !!!!.

I can stop working if someone thinks this is a threat to
pnet's Freedom !

I cannot do or say anything more on this issue , so I'll leave
this subject the the experts to comment on.