Re: [DotGNU]Meet-a-thon first session summary

From: S11001001
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Meet-a-thon first session summary
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 17:05:15 -0500

Gopal V wrote:
We do have some good news from Portable.Net , it is capable of running GTK# programs (http://www.southern-storm.com.au/download/dump2.png) .

Heh, somehow I knew Rhys would be a GNUstep user...rock on! :)

Also some nice bugs were caught today (thanks Chiraz) ... and some discussion about porting Pnet to linux-gnu-IA64 ... Also as is usual with any meeting the subject of SEE came up with the ubquitous discussions
about the two ideas ...

You mean jail and network?

Some jabber arguments were brought up about why jabber is better than HTTP ... (More jabber people are needed to defend Jabber...) .

With my very limited knowledge, I'll talk Jabber :)

--
Stephen Compall
DotGNU `Contributor' -- http://www.dotgnu.org

This societal shift is letting users take back control of their
futures. Just as the Magna Carta gave rights to British subjects, the
GPL enforces consumer rights and freedoms on behalf of the users of
computer software.
        -- Evan Leibovitch, "Who's Afraid of Big Bad Wolves"