Re: [DotGNU]Jabber Server for DotGNU.org

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Jabber Server for DotGNU.org
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 18:39:06 +0200

Adam Theo <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Now, I understand that there is a way to route data coming in on the
> > current dotgnu.org machine on port 5222 and 5269 over to my machine,
> > which is IP address 66.13.154.244. This would allow everyone to use
> > dotgnu.org instead of the longer jabber.dotgnu.org.
> > I hope that makes sense, I've never messed with that before.

I don't think that it makes much sense to use scarce time on
setting up this kind of thing, right now.

Peter Minten <address@hidden> replied:

> I've checked this out. Got an error while connecting: Gabber says hostname
> (jabber.dotgnu.org) couldn't be found.

I've set up an "A" DNS record for jabber.dotgnu.org now,
pointing to 66.13.154.244.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A founder of the http://DotGNU.org project and Steering Committee member