[DotGNU][Fwd: Re: WikiTexi]

From: S11001001
Subject: [DotGNU][Fwd: Re: WikiTexi]
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 17:26:30 -0500

I emailed Jonathan P. Springer about WikiTexi (a fun, collaborative Texinfo doc maker project for DGDE he started). Attached solution, along with a challenge for anyone who might want to take the project over (hint, hint).

--
Stephen Compall
DotGNU `Contributor' -- http://www.dotgnu.org

This societal shift is letting users take back control of their
futures. Just as the Magna Carta gave rights to British subjects, the
GPL enforces consumer rights and freedoms on behalf of the users of
computer software.
        -- Evan Leibovitch, "Who's Afraid of Big Bad Wolves"
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: WikiTexi Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 10:17:57 -0400 User-agent: Mutt/1.4i
On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 02:40:52AM -0500, S11001001 wrote:
> Hello again ;)
>
> We have not heard from you for some time now, so I am wondering: what is
> the status of WikiTexi?
>
> I ask because Peter Minten is now putting together user stories for the
> DotGNU Development Environment.

Stephen,

Sorry I've taken so long to reply.  I wandered away from DotGNU when I
got disgusted with the last licensing "discussion."  Unfortunately,
Wikitexi got reprioritized behind:

1)  Surviving at my current job
2)  Finding a new job that would require less well-honed survival skills
3)  Getting into a Masters program

Once 1 & 2 are complete, I'll be able to pick it back up with some
amount of dedication, but until then my hacking has been confined to
work-related things (mmm... SyncSort).

I'll be happy to bring anyone up to speed who wants to run with it,
although I need to look through recent discussions.  There seem to be
some paradigm shifts going on wrt Introspection and PNet documentation
that may impact this.

Sorry I don't have better news.  Life is what happens when you're making
other plans.

-js

--
-Jonathan P Springer <address@hidden>
"A standard is an arbitrary solution to a recurring problem." - Joe Hazen

--- End Message ---