[DotGNU]C# book: OOP versus POP

From: S11001001
Subject: [DotGNU]C# book: OOP versus POP
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 01:12:16 -0500

Peter Minten wrote (well, not really, but it doesn't matter):
   >>>The book is aimed at beginners in programming, not programmers
learning
   >>>a new language.
   >>
   >>Well I really think we lack the resources to teach beginners OO
languages.
   >>IMO they're better off learning procedure oriented programming first

Why? Get them to focus on data (i.e., objects) instead of on algorithms.
Small methods. Talk about the data instead of the procedures. High-level
good programming practice and design. La dee da.

--
Stephen Compall
DotGNU `Contributor' -- http://www.dotgnu.org

To be a hacker, one had to accept the philosophy that writing a
software program was only the beginning. Improving a program was the
true test of a hacker's skills.
        -- Sam Williams, "Free as in Freedom"

According to Stallman, improving software programs was secondary to
building them in the first place.
        -- Sam Williams, "Free as in Freedom"