[DotGNU]test

From: Timothy Rue
Subject: [DotGNU]test
Date: 29 Jul 2002 9:16:58 -0500

The following is a responce to a message that I just received, but not
realizing it wasn't going to dotgnu.info.... anyway I sending it to where
it should have gone.

Who doesn't know of the list change yet?

---

  address@hidden
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<address@hidden>:
    host mail.mach10hosting.com [204.1.28.201]: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in
my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

---
On 29-Jul-02 04:06:15 Matthew Tedder <address@hidden> wrote:

>> The _strategy_ of DotGNU is to compete with a certain proprietary
>> software company in a certain area.

 MT> A certain area like the groin--when hurt, it immobilizes
 MT> everything else..   And when put to proper use, it creates a
 MT> whole new generation.  I wouldn't  under estimate this "certain
 MT> area".

[snip]

>> > I guess the point is to understand the motive, the incentive
>> > of Microsoft to "invent" ".net" to begin with.
>>
>> Some degree of speculation about this may help to predict
>> possible future actions of our competitor.

 MT> Yes--regardless of whether or not it might have been Microsoft's
 MT> original  plan.  If it's possible and beneficial to the
 MT> competitor, one should be aware  of it and should be prepared to
 MT> counter it.

>> But the main thing to understand is what motivates
>> decision-makers everywhere to choose .NET, and how we can
>> motivate them to choose DotGNU instead.

 MT> I don't personally see that anything needs to motivate them to
 MT> *choose* .Net  since .Net will choose them.  It's a rediculous
 MT> argument as to whether or not
 MT> .Net will succeed, because Microsoft will put it on every desktop
 MT> and anyone  wanting to do business with users behind those
 MT> desktops will have to do  business with .Net.   It has nothing to
 MT> do with choices in any practical  sense.

[snip]

for your amusement pleasure and education:

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=36731&cid=3952055

There is a solution.......

---
Timothy Rue