Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU access stability???

From: Timothy Rue
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU access stability???
Date: 10 Aug 2002 8:14:13 -0500

On 09-Aug-02 09:35:53 Gopal V <address@hidden> wrote:
 GV> If memory serves me right, Timothy Rue wrote:
>> advantagious to have a sourceforge.net account,
>> But with this, one might wonder which is the main and which are
>> mirrors. Personally, I'd assume it would be via www.gnu.org due to
>> the size of www.gnu.org but that doesn't support higher visability
>> potential as

 GV> Everything is hosted in Savannah ... So everything is a mirror
 GV> and the original/main is hosted in the CVS of the dotgnu project
 GV> in Savannah...

 GV> http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/dotgnu

 GV> Updated by the hour ... (by GMT I suppose)

Ok, then it should be listed on the mirrors. They all should have a list
of the mirrors. This way when there are network problems there are
options known. I didn't know about savannah until now, and I'm finally,
for the first time, able to access the CVS, for whatever it's worth.

 GV> That enables us to switch the website around and still keep it
 GV> current. Also it allows me to commit the data once and get it
 GV> updated (via anoncvs) at each mirror automatically ....

Perhaps there is a need to employ some sort of link checker then, to be
sure. Should probably be able to find one in Rebol at the www.Rebol.com
site. And use free Rebol/core  to run it.

 GV> It's thanks to Smiler that snapshots.dotgnu.info is here in the
 GV> first  place ... Also I think it works well , otherwise you could
 GV> always get the Version releases off www.southern-storm.com.au or
 GV> Debian packages from ajmitch.dhis.org/debs ... (daily builds ?)

<shrug> really, employ a link checker.... and make a full list or mirrors
and assoiated project mirrors available.

I'm not kidding about not being able to access stuff thru the links I've
tried. Maybe it's earthlink....

---
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:address@hidden      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://www.mindspring.com/~timrue/  ^<--------<----9----<--------<