Re: [DotGNU]Hello from pnetC

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Hello from pnetC
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 19:11:14 +1000

Erik Rozendaal wrote:

> Actually, this is undefined behavior in C.

That's pretty much what I said to Gopal.  I thought I'd raise
the issue publicly to head off the inevitable "my code doesn't
work the way I expected - the compiler is busted" bug report.
"Sorry, the compiler is working just fine". :-)

> See section 3 of the C FAQ at http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html
> for more about sequence points. It'll quickly make you want to program
> C# or Java again :)

Not much chance of that.  Side-effects is what makes programming
in C such an interesting adventure. :-)