[DotGNU]pnet-book building problems

From: S11001001
Subject: [DotGNU]pnet-book building problems
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:19:56 -0500

Gopal V wrote:
I seem to be unable to make the pnet-book .PDF ... ??

Yes, I have had this same problem with several Texinfo files.

Looking at book.log, I see these errors:

! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=1500].

and

If you really absolutely need more capacity,
you can ask a wizard to enlarge me.

Now, the strangest part of this is that when you do the classic method for building Texinfo (tex book.texi; texindex book.??; tex book.texi; texindex book.??; tex book.texi), things work out fine and you get a dvi file. So this is a problem related to use of texi2pdf. Perhaps someone should try generating a dvi using the above system, running whatever command necessary to convert it to pdf, and see if that works. Otherwise, share your 2> (and any generated log files). Or, if it works, show what works, so it can be put in the Makefile instead. As a final alternative, you could fix texi2pdf, or tell us what we're doing wrong.

--
Stephen Compall
DotGNU `Contributor' -- http://dotgnu.org

The main clarity, for me, was the sense that if you want to have a
decent life, you don't want to have bits of it closed off. This whole
idea of having the freedom to go in and to fix something and modify
it, whatever it may be, it really makes a difference. It makes one
think happily that after you've lived a few years that what you've
done is worthwhile. Because otherwise it just gets taken away and
thrown out or abandoned or, at the very least, you no longer have any
relation to it. It's like losing a bit of your life.
        -- Robert Chassell