Re: [DotGNU][Load Balancer Proposal]<Original>Stargazer

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU][Load Balancer Proposal]<Original>Stargazer
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 19:26:54 +0530

If memory serves me right, Vassilis Pandis wrote:
>       [X] Savannah location and space
>               Savannah username: <what do i put here ?>

Your savannah username (if you don't have one , just make a new one)

> * Are you willing to lead this project?:

And become a GNU maintainer ? ... assuming that you're going to make this
part of the GNU project ..

> It has been written in C with portability as a
> primary objective. It also has proxying capabilties.
> It consists of approximately 1700 lines of code and
> compiles to be 30KB, 24KB stripped. It does not
> require root to run ( actually, root must start it,
> but it then drops to a user-configured UID, since
> it needs to bind() to ports under 1024 ). It
> also chroot()s.

Nice features ... and a 1700 lines is small enough to be really
maintainable (IMHO) :-)

> Ps: Let's change the name if you find a cool, quad
> recursive acronym >:)

Stargazer is much better (unless you could dig up a greek god of equality
or something and use the weighing balance as an icon .... :-)