Re: [DotGNU]A Stargazer snapshot...

From: Vassilis Pandis
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A Stargazer snapshot...
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:44:06 +0100 (BST)

 --- Gopal V <address@hidden> wrote: > If memory
serves me right, Vassilis Pandis wrote:
> > thinking of using SourceForge but register at
> Savannah
> > too, and have all Savannah links point to
> Sourceforge
>
> SF.net might not be good if you want this to be part
> of
> the GNU project ..

SF.net has a broader user database though and would
help. Coding something that nobody uses is quite
boring :)

> > Ps: Could it be a part of the DotGNU package ?
>
> Yes ... as we should provide secure,stable and high
> availability
> service ..
>

> > ( among other uses; it does not have any DotGNU
> specific
> > code anyway, it's a general purpose load balancer
> ).
>
> Might be the real reason why nobody is talking too
> much about it ..
> Of course, we would love to have it bundled along
> with DotGNU .. I
> am more inclined to think that the GNU project is
> more appropriate
> for such a general purpose tool ....

Ok. So I'll do what I have to do to try to make it a
'GNU project' and in the meantime its latest release
can be bundled with DotGNU packages when they are
released. Or am I not getting something here ?