Re: [DotGNU]Questions about pnet C

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Questions about pnet C
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 11:17:36 +1000

Rhys Weatherley wrote:

> BioChem333 wrote:
>
> >         I like this idea. /me ducks out of sight as Rhys asks for
> > volunteers.
>
> :-)
>
> I can throw it together in about a day or so, by adapting
> "ilnative" or something similar.

Which is now done.  Didn't take as long as I thought.

To convert a C# assembly into something that can be referenced
from C, use the "ilheader" program (in CVS):

    ilheader mscorlib.dll mscorlib.h

Then simply #include "mscorlib.h" to access the definitions.

Right now, you'll only be able to call static methods.  I need
to do some work on the C compiler to support instance methods
and constructors.