Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU awareness article

From: Timothy Rue
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU awareness article
Date: 6 Oct 2002 10:16:3 -0500

On 03-Oct-02 09:29:05 Gopal V <address@hidden> wrote:
 GV> If memory serves me right, Timothy Rue wrote:
>> In other words: you want to address the "but there is Mono, so why
>> do we need another GPL oriented dotnet project?" perspective up
>> front.

 GV> DotGNU encompasses so much more than mono ... The XmlGroupware
 GV> effort and the Jabber proposals on DotGNU seem to have missed
 GV> your attention ?..

 GV> Also We were here first ... so your question is irrelevant ...

 GV> But of course , DotGNU Portable.Net FAQ does mention Mono, which
 GV> IMHO is the equivalent of what mono does ...

 GV> Gopal
 GV> --

You're funny. :)

But perhaps the originator of the thread will make use of your answers
Gopal.

I'd imagine XmlGroupware and the Jabber proposals on DotGNU probably have
missed the attention of anyone the DotGNU awareness article is directed
at. :)

As to the comment "we were here first" doesn't make the question
irrelevant but only leads to, at worse, another question. I've heard of
Mono, but I haven't heard of DotGNU, are you guys just being quiet or
secretive about it?

:) Point is Gopal, apparently you missed the point of my response by not
associating the response properly to the original message. But instead
seeing it as....... "I'm a dumb user" hehehe...

Now that's something to include in the DotGNU awareness article...
Arrogance :) lol... (or maybe there was some other reason you missed the
point?)

Gopal, I was semi-role playing in order to present a perspective of an
uninformed party so that it might more clearly be seen what to include.

---
Timothy Rue
Email @ mailto:address@hidden