Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU Weekend Warriors

From: Jonathan P Springer
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU Weekend Warriors
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:14:50 -0400

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 06:23:49PM +0530, Gopal V wrote:
> If memory serves me right, Jonathan P Springer wrote:
> > Attached (and I'll post it as well) is a small patch to
> > codegen/cg_coerce.c that allows casting between unmanaged pointers and
> > basic integer types in unsafe code blocks.  The spec said it was
> > possible, the compiler complained, I started mucking, and so...
>
> Great , it's in the CVS !... With the addendum
>
>       /* TODO : Handle the rest of the cases */
>
> IntPtr.cs almost compiles ...

See attached patch.  It fixes some problems in my last patch and adds
binary equality and inequality operators for unmanaged pointers.
IntPtr.cs compiles with it; whether it works remains to be seen.  I
desk-checked the IL output from the compiler, but haven't tried running
it through the engine at full bore yet.

-js

--
-Jonathan P Springer <address@hidden>
"A standard is an arbitrary solution to a recurring problem." - Joe Hazen