Re: [DotGNU]dir.c

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]dir.c
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:41:44 +1000

Gopal V wrote:

> Hehe .... I just put it there as a joke about "buffer_ptr_ptr" or
> something like that ... the "_" char is not one of rhys's favourite
> keys (RSI ?) ..

:-)

I generally follow "camel case" conventions: "ThisIsAnIdentifier".
Identifiers start with a capital letter for functions and types.
Lower case for local variables, parameter names, and fields.

It's a bad coding habit I picked up many years ago, together with
the tab stops at 4 thing.  I'm gradually moving towards GNU
conventions with newer projects that I'm playing with locally.
GNU uses lower case and "_" a lot more.  But for consistency's
sake, pnet should retain the current conventions.

I stopped using Hungarian notation 5-6 years ago.  Now that's
awful. :-)

> >       /* I'm confused as to why the linebreak here and with this much
> > tabbing.
> >      Is there a specific colum we don't want to pass?  */
>
> column 80, which is the limit for my command line editor (--no editor wars
> please --) ... Which I assume is the same for Rhys as well ...

Please wrap code so that it fits on an 80 column screen when tabs
are set at 4.  It makes the code neater, and doesn't get chopped
off when printed on some printers.