[DotGNU]a set of interesting bugs ...

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]a set of interesting bugs ...
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 01:39:51 +0530

I'm currently starting to stop to hacking and start studying ... so
I am really short of time here ... So this is more of an idea dump
and all that .... I'm trying to push the info I got from my half-attempts
so that others can start where I left off...

How should a base.<property> be accessed .... Currently it is being
resolved as the oldest <property> definition in the tree .... I'm not
sure that it's correct... See the codegen sections with if(node->baseCall).

Also I cannot seem to be able to make an array with an IntPtr in it.
viz Object []a=new Object[]{ptr}; ... This is the single bug which
causes all the verification problems in QT# compilation ... (stelem.ref).
The errors seems to be that , somehow ILCoerceArrayInit does not
ILNode_SemAnalysis the initializers and they remain as ILNode_Identifiers
as seen in ILNode_GenValue stages ... But how to fix it is still a
big question ?...

And I tried to track what the error caused by DateTime.Now from the
pnetlib compiled pnetlib is ... But seemed to get a -ve value for the
maxTicks , otherwise the error is unidentifiable ...

Gopal
PS: I'm leaving these bugs to be fixed in 0.4.8 :-)