Re: [DotGNU]Supporting MS Error code syntax

From: Nick Zigarovich
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Supporting MS Error code syntax
Date: 08 Nov 2002 11:11:31 -0500

Rhys and Adam,

> > n1k0 wants a way to disable certain warnings with a single number
> > that works across all compilers.

In playing devil's advocate, this was an obvious way these error codes
are already appreciated by C# developers, and an area where existing
tools may have a dependence on compiler flags (and maybe even output).

I don't think this is a matter of practice, style, or which of either is
better. Is making pnet work better with Microsoft-oriented developers
and tools worth the effort?

> Howabout support for the csc style /nowarn option in csant?

What about a alternate or stub interface that emulates csc? CSXXXX error
code mappings could be kept here, leaving cscc more GNU-pristine.

Nick