[DotGNU]Initial import of Forum

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [DotGNU]Initial import of Forum
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 14:45:44 +0100

Just wanted to let you all know that I imported the first Forum code into CVS.
The most impressive part is currently the Jabber XML-RPC stuff. It's a rather
ugly connection between a Jabber lib and a HTTP based XML-RPC lib but it seems
to work (and it's a lot less work than writing a custom Jabber XML-RPC lib).

On the database side I've added a standard system for DB access. It consists of
a class with a few simple methods and a result class. The idea is to hide the
details of the database system to support as much database systems as possible.

The configuration of Forum is simply editing a Ruby file. Note that that's only
the configuration of global server stuff. The configuration of individual forums
is stored in a database (that allows changing forums without rebooting the whole
server).

The url of the Forum project page is
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/dotgnu-forum/

Greetings,