Re: [DotGNU]indexers with variable args

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]indexers with variable args
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 21:11:26 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> Aren't you supposed to be studying for exams, not fixing bugs? :-)

Well, now that you say it ... I am :-) .. There was a chicken-pox
epidemic in college hostels and we had hoped that the exams would
be postponed ... but no such luck (for me or the sick guys).

> there.  Some modifications will be needed to GetItemParamType
> in "cs_invoke.tc", and to "CreateProperty" in "cs_gather.c".

Not in CreateProperty ... I got the .params for get_ and set_
methods ...

.method public hidebysig specialname instance int32 'get_Item'(int32 'x', class
['mscorlib']'System'.'Object'[] 'args') cil managed
{
.param[2]
.custom instance void ['mscorlib']'System'.'ParamArrayAttribute'::'.ctor'() =
(01 00 00 00)

/tmp/tests/var.cs:25: no matching method for call

So I suppose it just needs a *little* change to GetItemParamType to
correctly identify the params method...(viz use the signature of the
get_ or set_ methods instead of using the indexer sig for CSItemIsCandidate).

> Some changes will be required to the grammar also to recognise
> "params", but you probably already know that.

I had attached a patch to the original mail for that .... In case someone
wants to take it up for now.. I do not dare to go into Deep Hack mode :-)