[DotGNU]Quitting as DG-Base admin

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [DotGNU]Quitting as DG-Base admin
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:03:37 +0100

Hi folks,

I'm quitting as DG-Base admin. The main reason for this is that I don't like
running into C#'s design errors anymore. During the development of DG-Base I've
been confronted with the inability of C# to redefine methods and classes. This
caused problem when I wanted to enhance a pnetlib class because it isn't
possible for a library to say: from now on System.String is this. Because of
this it's not possible to elegantly improve ECMA framework methods and classes.

I also believe now that C# is a too strict language, especially compared to my
new favorite language Ruby.

Greetings,

Peter