Re: [DotGNU]All my tests work

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]All my tests work
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:17:45 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> I just fixed the last bug that caused the standard tests in
> "pnet/samples" to fail on my machine using a pnet-compiled
> version of pnetlib (a dumb codegen bug in cg_arith.tc which
> stopped Hashtable working correctly).

Yay !! ...

I still have a few unrelated bugs (hopefully) like incorrect boxing
of enum members , use of `this` as a variable in a struct etc ..

> Gopal's and Jonathan's hard work has gotten the compiler very close
> to perfect.

It would be worth remembering that I started hacking on cscc seriously
on 28th last month .... So it's not really my hard work, I just polished
off a few rough edges .. and TreeCC ROCKS !

> Even pnetmark, Xsharp, and Qt# are now working completely to
> parity under pnet.

Now that it works , let's make it work better ?  Is it time to start
-O3 work ? ... I don't think *I* want to see a peephole optimiser from
inside .. :-)

Also now that the compiler works , let's get busy on the libraries ...
It should be easy to find bugs .... And ECMA compat by new year ... I'm
postponing my "This Year In DotGNU" article to include that ;-)