Re: [DotGNU]Port of a Java quantum fractal generator.

From: Paolo Molaro
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Port of a Java quantum fractal generator.
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:55:10 +0100

On 11/20/02 j_post wrote:
> My app compiled with cscc  and executed with ilrun runs in 10 seconds. Same
> source compiled with mcs and executed with mono runs in 36 seconds.

Oh, you should have used mint instead of the mono jit, then, since mint
is 3 times faster than mono! :-)

$ time ../jit/mono ../mcs.exe simple.cs
Compilation succeeded

real 0m0.639s
user 0m0.610s
sys  0m0.030s
$ time ../interpreter/mint ../mcs.exe simple.cs
Compilation succeeded

real 0m0.228s
user 0m0.230s
sys  0m0.000s

Anyway, as Rhys says, post the source of the test so that we can see
what it does, confirm the results and (hopefully) fix the slowdown:-)
Thanks!

lupus

address@hidden                                     debian/rules
address@hidden                             Monkeys do it better