[DotGNU]Re: Quote of the Year

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: Quote of the Year
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 11:24:26 +0100

Stephen Compall wrote:

> Looking up last year's this-year doc, I saw a quote at the top. So I
> think it would be cool if we selected, by popular consent, the best
> quote by any poster or IRCer of the year, and stuck it at the top of
> "this year [2002]".

You sure asked for it:
* A year ago there was something, and now that something works
* We shall not let MS conquer the net
* Interoperability is what we do
* We will NOT let users be locked in by hostile webservice operators
* Webservices are not just C#, not just IL, not just VM
* Webservices may not become the next generation of closed software

and here's my personal favorite:
* Our opponents may be giants, but software freedom is a hard little rock

Greetings,

Peter