Re: [DotGNU]XML & Jabber support in PNet

From: Adam Theo
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]XML & Jabber support in PNet
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 00:01:29 -0500

oh, one other q:

is there going to be a MS-compatible XML parserver for dotgnu/pnet, or are you going to have to alter Joe's Jabber.Net to make it fit in dotgnu?

Gopal V wrote:
If memory serves me right, Adam Theo wrote:

Gopal informed me that the PNet development team was getting ready to implement XML & Jabber. I was wondering if I could get any details?

The 0.5.0 release is the deadline for importing System.Xml into pnet ..

After that , I'll be try to port Joe Hildebrand's Jabber.Net to Pnet,
and once that works to my satisfaction , I think Jabber people are welcome to break it into any number of peices you wish .... :-)

There is a working xml parser for dotgnu already ... but it's sort of non-MS compatible and is a pure DOM parser ... and uses libxml2 to do the parsing ... So I guess that doesn't count here ?..

Oh, and as soon as you've got something working, Simon Guindon (creator of the Nexxia Jabber client) is ready to bug and stress test it, as well as get his Win32 .NET Jabber client ready for DotGNU.

Yup .. we have to hurry it up with System.Xml .... Btw, Silvernerd's forum seems to use Jabber for rpc ...