Re: [DotGNU]dotgnu.xml parser and licensing

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]dotgnu.xml parser and licensing
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:35:58 +0530

If memory serves me right, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> Is there a faq for how to handle these pinvoke? I know we chatted about
> it. If you can tell me please concisely how to go about making a C#/C
> interface, it would save alot of time scrounging around the ml.

I'll hack a set of docs on that ... tomorrow ... and will try to make the
docs to be more useful than pedantic ...

But , for now a close study of dotgnu.xml or X11# will provide a hands-on
tutorial on PInvoke ...

> Anyway, If you help define a standard, then we can automate this in a
> tool like swig. That will help create more users and applicatiions.

We really don't need Swig ... because stuff like Python needs explicit
marshalling to be usable (I should know, I wrote pnet-python modules by
hand) ...

I'm working on a clean way to wrap PInvoke from C , without any C glue
code ... A set of small tutorials is likely to emerge ... But well, it'll
take time ..