Re: [DotGNU]dotgnu.xml parser and licensing

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]dotgnu.xml parser and licensing
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 09:10:14 -0800 (PST)

--- Gopal V <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'll hack a set of docs on that ... tomorrow ... and will try to make
> the
> docs to be more useful than pedantic ...
>
> But , for now a close study of dotgnu.xml or X11# will provide a
> hands-on
> tutorial on PInvoke ...

that was the next step, yes. get my hands dirty.

> > Anyway, If you help define a standard, then we can automate this in
> > tool like swig. That will help create more users and applicatiions.
>
> We really don't need Swig ... because stuff like Python needs
> explicit
> marshalling to be usable (I should know, I wrote pnet-python modules
> by
> hand) ...
Well, we can modify swig to do what we want it to do.
There is also inline::perl to look into, I think they have thier place
and thier market. It allows lib writers to delegate the silly interface
issues to someone else.

> I'm working on a clean way to wrap PInvoke from C , without any C
> glue code ...

> A set of small tutorials is likely to emerge ... But well,
> it'll
> take time ..
Ok, I am willing to help, will print out libxml# now.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/