Re: [DotGNU]Re: [Vrs-development] Defining WebServices (NetServices???)

From: Peter Minten
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: [Vrs-development] Defining WebServices (NetServices???)
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 19:03:06 +0100

Gopal V wrote:

> If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> >     typedef struct webservice webservice;
>
> Make it
>
>         typedef struct _webservice webservice;
>
> Which makes it easy to grep for the location of the struct ....
> ( struct _tagILClass ... and ILClass which I find very convenient....)

Right, that's something to remember for the real header file. The file I send in
was deliberately not perfect because it's shows the principle, not the gory
details.

> > I'll let others comment on whether the API meets the requirements
> > of web services or not.
>
> Nope .... Build an MS compatible one first ... the typical embrace ,
> extend and extinguish model ....

It's a good idea to set up a MS compatible system in the short term, but the
webservices interface spec is meant for the long term. Let me restate: the way I
see things there are 2 paths taken to the DGEE at the
moment. The first is the short term path to setting up an .NET compatible system
to get things working fast. The second is the long term path to setting up an
.NET independent system to get things working well. It's kinda like Rhys motto:
'Make it work, then make it work better', I'm working on the second part
already.

Greetings,

Peter