Re: [DotGNU]Swig and C# (was: Strategy for dealing with C++ )

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Swig and C# (was: Strategy for dealing with C++ )
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:07:57 -0800 (PST)

--- Adam Treat <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 December 2002 10:25 am, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> > --- Adam Treat <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > Uh, Binge is producing compilable code and I dare you to find
> cleaner
> > >
> > > generated code.  It is also been designed to allow the seemless
> > > generation of
> > > other wrappers/bindings.  We are nearly done and fully expect to
> have
> > > a full
> > > fledged binge by the end of the week and a new release of Qt# by
> the
> > > new
> > > year.
> >
> > So where are the links? This the C++ stuff from manyasu?
> > Also is this for C, c++? Please provide more information.
>
> Binge is in our cvs repository on sourceforge under the 'qtsharp'
> module.  It
> lives in /qtsharp/src/binge.  Yes, this is the C++ stuff from manyoso
> (I am
> manyoso aka Adam Treat ;).  It is made to work for C++ as the xml api
> dtd is
> made for C++.  Have a look and you can find me on #dotgnu as always.

Ok great, we have had many interesting coversations. Sure to check you
out again on the chat when I find some time.

I am still interested in what you are doing. But for the librdf, the
swig is the best way for me to go, at least all the methods are
covered.

 We are in the process of freezing the librdf api into the gcc (on the
introspector project), and should be able to supply you will all the
headers directly from the gcc.

Otherwise, gcc_xml will do that today for you, but I dont use it.

I will check out your cvs.
 Maybe the simplist way would be to make swig output the xml just like
you need it.

Bye the way, as I said. this book covers overwriting the virtual method
tables :
http://www.bell-labs.com/topic/books/AdvancedC++/
section "9.4 Code and Idioms To Support Incremental Loading: 328"
http://www.accu.org/bookreviews/public/reviews/a/a000145.htm
I'll write to him and ask if he has tried this with gcc 3.2...

Oh, i just found a nice link  :
babel http://www.llnl.gov/CASC/components/babel.html

mike

=====