RE: [DotGNU]Jabber

From: Simon Guindon
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]Jabber
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:32:59 -0500

>As far as I can see Tipic does not seem to be an open platform for
>development , nor is it Free for commercial use ....

Yes I believe your right.

>While the Jabber.Net by Joe Hildebrand is fully free ... (under JOSL
>IIRC)... And the best part is that we have the peices ready , except
>for the XmlTextReader ...

Again correct, Joe's stuff is very well written, very flexible, it can be
used for Client and Server/Server components and under the Jabber Open
Source License, which is even more free than GPL because you can use it
proprietary so you can build commercial products without having to release
the source to your products.

I really think we can pump out good working stuff that rivals the commercial
company Tipic except for the server based solutions as we just don't have
the developers to get all that done.

Take care,
Simon

Simon Guindon