Re: [DotGNU]Patch 875 Updates System.IO.File Exception throwing to be mo

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Patch 875 Updates System.IO.File Exception throwing to be more verbose
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 12:03:24 +0530

If memory serves me right, Aditya P. Bansod wrote:
> Gopal -- I took a look at what you did in File (with ValidatePath) and
> extended it to be more verbose so the exception would contain the invalid
> argument.

Will be commiting that shortly .... After removing the ValidatePath(string);
call as it is redundant to do something like that for a private method :-)

The byte by byte copy is totally out of favor .... and will most likely need
something cleverer to take advantage of the system capabilities ... And dir.c
needs recursive copy anyway ... so wait a while ....