Re: [DotGNU]Arm linux Portable.net attempt

From: minddog
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Arm linux Portable.net attempt
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 08:05:09 -0700

On Monday 23 December 2002 20:42, Gopal V wrote:
> If memory serves me right, minddog wrote:
> > #1  0x0000c9c4 in _ILConvertMethod (thread=0xbcfc0, method=0xcaf24)
> >     at convert.c:445
>
> "System.NotImplementedException" ?
>
> I might be wrong here, but it looks like the internal calls from
> mscorlib.dll are being blocked in here ...
>
> How about
>
> (gdb) printf "%s\n", ILMemberGetName((ILMember*)(0xcaf24))

(gdb) printf "%s\n", ILMemberGetName((ILMember*)(0xcaf24))
Cannot access memory at address 0x0

> That should give you the name of the function that is blocked...
>
> and ILClassGetName(ILMemberGetOwner(0xcaf24)) should give you the classes.

(gdb) printf "%s\n", ILClassGetName(ILMemberGetOwner(0xcaf24))

0x00040b68 in ILClassGetName (info=0x0) at class.c:437
437             return info->name;
The program being debugged was signaled while in a function called from GDB.
GDB remains in the frame where the signal was received.
To change this behavior use "set unwindonsignal on"
Evaluation of the expression containing the function (ILClassGetName) will be
abandoned.

> This will most likely need Rhys's expert help ... but drop me a link to
> mscorlib.dll generated anyway ...

sure thing...
http://www.cannibutter.com/tars/mscorlib.tar.gz

regards,
--
--minddog( Adam Ballai )

"I try to take it one day at a time, but several of them attack me at once."
-mistyflip