[DotGNU]Discussing future plans

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]Discussing future plans
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 19:40:31 +0530

Hi All,
        So when do we conduct the meet-a-thon ? ... and when do I start
firing away for the DotGNU offensive :-) ... Last but not least when
do we release ? ..

         Since everybody agrees that tomorrow is a bad day for releases
(since Rhys is preparing for his Linux conf , I'm having a rest after
the exams, Chris is busy with DGEE, and MDS status unknown....), we can
rule that out..

So which day do we release ?  ... and when is the meet-a-thon ? ... and
how fast will the building of packages start ? .. I think the packaging
might be easy with binaries as almost all project binaries are independent.

I'm also looking at how the windows installer shapes up ... and pre-release
testing on all platforms ... So I suggest that we freeze the tree few days
before (On a tuesday) , test on all the platforms,  release on Saturday ,
conduct the meet-a-thon on Saturday/Sunday ...

And last but not least , I need some input from people working to see
how the stuff can be adjusted.... It's a community effort and I would
really like your opinion on this date ... (14th ?)..