Re: [DotGNU]develop a GUI in DotGnu?

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]develop a GUI in DotGnu?
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:11:59 +1000

On Monday 13 January 2003 10:03 pm, Vergneau , Cyril wrote:

> When browsing the GNU implementation of dotnet, I can't see the
> System.Windows.Forms namespace that I broadly use to develop GUIs under MS
> dotnet.

We made a decision a while ago that we will use Mono's System.Windows.Forms
implementation once it matures (http://www.go-mono.com/winforms.html).  It
will be hard enough to get one open source implementation of Forms working,
let alone two.  So it is best to share that code.

> Is it because DotGNU is only made for WebServices development?

We decide an a case by case basis whether it is useful for us to develop our
own library, or reuse someone else's.

We do already support the Gtk# and Qt# widget sets for GUI development, so web
services aren't our only focus.